[filmscanners] RE: digital artifacting

> Scan provia at 4000 dpi. Crop out 2000x3000 pixles. Now aim
> your D60 at the
> same subject, but compose so that the 2000x3000 pixel crop
> fills the frame.
> Compare those. When I do that, the D60 looks better.

David,

This “test” seems like it would be very scanner dependant, as the number of
“pixels” you get from the film will be scanner resolution dependant, and you
will be varying the “magnification” of the subject to imaging
sensor because of this.

Just capture the same image and compare...not pixel for pixel.

Regards,

Austin