[filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest forWed 15 Jan, 2003

Austin Franklin wrote:

> No, arcane doesn't mean worthless.  The scanner might work just fine.  I
> said arcane because it's a scanner that not many people, today, might know
> much about, and you might find it difficult to get any support for it.

There were 6 or so HP 5100A units sold on Ebay in the last two weeks,
and it is still supported by HP in some fashion.  The newer version, the
S20, which is nearly identical except for the interface and software,
also has had 17 sales on Ebay in the last 13 days.  There are numerous
of both for sale right now there.  The SCSI units are going for between
$60 (without any cables/transformer, or software) to about $95. The USB
model is going for $125 to about $250.  There are still thousands if not
tens of thousands of people who own this scanner, I'm quite sure.

Art