From: "Thomas Maugham" <TMaugham@yahoo.com>
To: <cameraman@xtra.co.nz>
Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2002 12:04 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] Cleaning slides and negs prior to scanning

Can anyone suggest a good way to clean slides and negs prior to scanning?  I
clean the best I can with a soft brush and light puffs of air but still wind
up with dust on my scans.  I verified that the dust is not in my scanner.
I'd like to get as much off the originals as possible as I don't like to use
dust spotting tools as I feel that they degrade the image.

Any and all suggestions are most welcome and I thank you in advance.

Best regards and holiday wishes.

Tom Maugham

or body