[filmscanners] Re: Cleaning slides and negs prior to scanning

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Cleaning slides and negs prior to scanning
  • From: "" <anthony@ohalloran.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 20:44:29 +0000

>Anthony,
>
>I appreciated your post.  Do you have a specific dust filter that you would
>>recommend?  I am using Photoshop 5.5.
>
>Thank you,
>Bob Stinson
>Marathon, FL  USA

Bob you may be interested in this email I sent to a friend:

"
http://www.polaroid.com/service/software/poladsr/pdsr1_0.exe

I find this most useful set to a low correction for getting rid of those
tiny black specks that scan off even brand new slides. I then go around
removing the odd wiggles of dust with the clone of heal tools
(Photoshop). You can set the utility to a higher level of correction but
it tends to remove twigs from trees etc.
"

I don't know if it will be compatible with PS 5.5

Anthony