[filmscanners] debugging Canon FS 2710 on Windows ME

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] debugging Canon FS 2710 on Windows ME
  • From: "Bryan Lyles" <jbl2403@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 21:11:14 -0800

I have returned to trying to get my FS2710 tow work on Win ME.   Neither
Canoscan nor Vuescan sees it.

The Adaptec ASPI has been loaded as per the instructions.  When I use the
Adaptec supplied aspi check utility it shows that the ASPI module versions
are as follows:

APIX.VXD         4.71.1
WNASPI32.DLL 4.71.1

It also says that the aspi is properly installed and fully
functional.  However, when I use the system information ("Help and
Support") program to show the loaded modules, neither of these show up!

<<<Can someone who has made this software work on Win ME check and see if
these modules show up?  To get to the system infomation utility use
start>programs>accessories>System Tools>System Information    >>>

Other info:

Hardware info shows the SCSI card as:

Name    Adaptec AIC-7850 PCI SCSI Controller
Manufacturer    Adaptec
Status  OK
IRQ Channel     IRQ 11
Memory Address  0xEF102000-0xEF102FFF
I/O Port        0xD400-0xD4FF
Driver  c:\windows\system\vmm32.vxd (, 1,008.75 KB (1,032,956 bytes), Not
Available)

Additionally, the control panel>system>device driver>SCSI dialog shows that
there are two driver files associate with the AIC-7850:

    AIC78XX.MPD  version 1.30 from Adaptec
    vmm32vxd  version and source unknown

Additional help in debugging this would be appreciated.
FYI, Vuescan works normally when used with the epson 2450.