[filmscanners] Re: Scanner for contact sheets

Tim Atherton wrote:
> I just plonk neg sheets on the 8x10 tranny bed of my cheap/used Umax
> Powlerlook III - gives pretty nice "contact sheets"  (main use for the
> powerlook is 8x10 film).

I wrote improper topic of my initial message, it should have read "Automatic
batch scanning with moderate resolution". That's what I really need.
Apart from my LS-4000ED I also have Agfa Arcus 1200 flatbed scanner and I
scan my negs in acetate sheets with it, but even without the sheets the
quality of the images is awful from the start.
I need a scanner that is able to scan automatically the whole roll, save it
to disk as separate images and the quality of the pictures should be enough
for viewing and assessing sharpness, exposure etc and also good enough for
web presentation as 300x450 pixel jpegs.
I don't want to do it with my Ls-4000ED as it takes too much time, I risk
earlier breakup/cleaningg of the scanner and I don't want to buy the roll
film adapter.

I saw the Epson 1680 working and that was it - the whole roll being scanned
while the operator went for his coffee. He scans these pictures for printed
magazines he makes and the quality is just perfect for the purpose (it's
something like "Time Out" in London)

Will the Epson 2450 do the trick, apart from that it can only scan 12 frames
in one batch?

Regards

Tomek