[filmscanners] Re: Re:Colour negatives, Vuescan, and an ICC worflow

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 05:48:50PM +1100, Rob Geraghty wrote:
> Tony Terlecki <ajt@mrps.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > As far as I can see there is no facility within VueScan to assign an input
> > devic e profile to a scanned image, nor to instruct VueScan to use an
> input
> > profile with one's particular scanner.
>
> AFAIK the device is determined by the first tab in Vuescan.  If you are
> recropping a raw scan you should select the device you used to scan it.
>
> Ed has created his own profiles of the scanners AFAIK.

Is the manufacturing process of a particular model of a scanner that
consistent? Is a device profile created for one scanner capable of accurately
representing all examples of that model scanner sold?

--
Tony Terlecki
ajt@mrps.demon.co.uk