[filmscanners] RE: Multipass scans

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Multipass scans
  • From: "Jeff Newman" <jnewman@pobox.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 20:55:05 -0500

Austin wrote:

>>I am curious if anyone has found that multi-pass produces "fuzzier" images
or not?  Obviously, it must...but whether it's significant/noticeable is
another issue.<<

My understanding is that the multipass is performed by resampling from the
CCD and does not move the film after each pass. As least I don't notice my
scanner moving the film when I use the feature (which I usually do). The
scans I've produced using the feature are all sharp as a tack.

BTW, I am new to the list and a new Coolscan 8000 ED owner. I've scanned
over 400 120mm chromes in the last three days for a new project. The machine
is a dream.

Cheers!
Jeff Newman