[filmscanners] Re: a bit OT, but still important...

I very much agree with you. What I'm missing in the digital vs. film debate
is the consideration of any aesthetic arguments. It's simply about
resolution and detail and nobody seems to care about the (to me) strange
look you get when photographing with the ultra-short focal lengths needed in
digital photography (because of the small chip sizes).

To me, MF rules, I'm a people photographer and I can definitely see the
difference in my photos between 35 and MF. I'm even thinking about switching
to Mamiya because of the larger frame size and the longer focal lengths.

This digital hype has really killed some of the joy I had in photography. It
gives me the feeling working with obsolete material when shooting film, but,
on the other hand, the new digital stuff isn't ready to my expectations yet,
so I can't enjoy one or the other.

Regards

Mike