[filmscanners] Re: Re:shoot first, fix it later

Henri Cartier-Bresson could outmeter any meter you'd care to mention. His
exposure were timed correctl;y. Most of the times he would work with one
unmetered camera and one lens. On the street he was swift, worked almost
unseen and moved on rapidly.

He did not want to work in the darkroom. He though he wasn't good enough.
Therefore he had a printer handle all his films.

Like several of his contemporaries, he wasn't wastefull. Another french
photographer, Edouard Boubat would go out on a commercial shoot with a twin
lens camera, one film and come back with a few unexposed frames. That's when
he would take personal pictures.

They knew the depression and war years and the lean years of the late
forties.

Times have changed. In these bountyful years where film is cheap (well used
to be), motorized 35mm autofocus cameras with matrix metering have changed
the way photographers work nowadays.

Henri Cartier Bresson was a man of his time. A great man, nonetheless.

Cheers,
Andre