[filmscanners] Re: How to clean negatives

"Vadik" <vadik@kutsyy.com> commented: "I finaly got Dual III, which
works fine.  The problem I am having is dust on the negatives.  I've
tried air canister and static brush, but this only moved dust around
(cleaned some of it).

I am lookin for the recomendation for dust cleaning from the negatives."
-------------------
Congratulations on your new scanner. My experience with the Scan Dual II
is that your problem may not be dust on the negatives. It may be spots
and scratches on the base side of the film, which can't be removed. I've
given up on cleaning negatives and use the Polaroid Dust and Scratch
filter (PC only, I think.), which you can download from
<http://www.polaroid.com/service/software/poladsr/pdsr1_0.exe>. Other
than that, it's the faithful Clone Tool and Healing Brush from
Photoshop. Good luck.

Preston Earle
PEarle@triad.rr.com
PEarle@CGraphics.com