[filmscanners] Re: Polaroid SS4000 - Viewscan

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Polaroid SS4000 - Viewscan
  • From: "" <HMSDOC@aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:11:08 EST

In a message dated 11/12/2002 11:13:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cjrossi1942@attbi.com writes:
I have noticed that when using the SS4000+ with VueScan (USB connection as
the Firewire consistently crashes VueScan), that before the actual scan there
is about 1 minute of waiting along with I think one or two movements of the
slide carrier.  The bottom of the VueScan window intermittently says "Busy"
with a % next to it.  I believe it is calibrating the scanner at this time
(it takes longer than the Polaroid software calibration).  On many versions
ago you could do a calibration (don't know about the Polaroid as I was usng a
Canon at the time) with the calibration pull down and it was stored...but
when I try that now with the SS4000+ it doesn't do anything so I think the
delay at the start is calibration.  Not sure if this is what you are
experiencing or not.

Howard

<< Thanks Tom . . . .  I have cleaned the scanner using the supplied brush.
 This seemed to have eliminated some banding issues that started to show up
 in the scans.
 I am not sure the "indexing" time is a problem it just seems to take . . .
 well, time.  If I use Polaroid Insight there does not seem to be any hunting
 for the frame.  The time to the start of the scan is quicker with insight.
 John