[filmscanners] Re: Microtek Artixscan 4000tf

> Yes it does.  Multi-pass scanning is another option but long exposure is
> the place to start.  One more option is the dark slide profile for Polaroid
> Insight:
>
> ftp://ftp.polaroid.com/pub/imaging/input/SS4000/NewColorSlideProfile/
>
> Does anyone know if Polaroid Insight works with Microtek scanners?  Or if
> their Scanwizard works on Polariod machines?  Just curious.

The software isn't interchangeable but the Polaroid dark slide profile should
work with
the Artixscan 4000tf.  This, of course, assumes that the ScanWizard software
allows you
to take 16 bit raw scans so the Polariod profile can be applied in Photoshop.
Is this
the case?  (I'd be interested as the 4000tf is on my shortlist.)

I also found with the Minolta Elite that making a raw scan with the Minolta
software and
then manipulating it in Vuescan (brightness set to between 1.5 to 1.7) got
better details
out of the shadows than either Vuescan or the Minolta software separately.  It
might be
that the same approach with the Artixscan works well.  If the shadow details
are there,
there is normally some way of digging them out!

Al Bond