----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Robinson" <jrobinso@pcug.org.au>

At 15:23 06/11/02, you wrote:
>Now, cases - the conservation guys recommend jewel cases made of
>polypropylene or polycarbonate, CD's stored on edge. I don't think plastic
>sleeves came up. I'm not sure you could find any that are archival?

http://www.compupack.co.uk/detail.asp?productid=22 talks about "archival"
polypropylene sleeves, and http://www.secol.co.uk/DS.htm has "inert
polyester based disk pocket".

Of course one man's "archival" is another man's "temporary", but these must
have some characteristics that the manufacturers think make them more long
term than something else they make.  Most normal sleeves seem to be vinyl
based plastics.

I would give a lot to get away from bulky and confusable jewel cases but I
admit they seem to be the best for long term use.