[filmscanners] Re: How to label CD backups

Thanks for the quick answers guys, but maybe I should clarify - the issue
is whether these pens will eventually corrode/dissolve/affect the useful
layer which is right near the label side of the disc. These CDs will be my
only records, and even though I keep multiple copies it won't help me if
they all fail after a couple of years because of the pen I used.  There has
been a lot of discussion around the place on this topic, and I have done a
bit of research, but as I said - with conflicting results.

Shen can you say why the oil-based is safe?  As you can see, there are
others who say the opposite so I would like to feel comfortable with my
decision.

And Andrew, I definitely DO want to write on the main surface, not just the
clear area in the middle, because of the way my storage works and what I
want to write.

Lastly, and frustratingly, I don't know what a Sanford sharpie is as I am
in Australia.

Cheers,

Julian