[filmscanners] OT:Stolen email address

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] OT:Stolen email address
  • From: "Arthur Entlich" <artistic-1@shaw.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:21:15 -0700

This is an off-topic request for information.

An off-shore bank/investing company has stolen my email address for use
for their return address on a huge "spam" mailing.

My mailbox is full of "undeliverable" or otherwise rejected messages
from no longer existing addresses, and I'm waiting for the abusive
mail to start from people who don't like spam (who does?).

My provider has suggested I leave the mailbox alone and just let it fill
up till it starts bouncing mail, and resubscribe to my lists with a new
address, but a lot of people contact me via this address.  I've also
reported this abuse to my provider's "internet abuse" section, and I
have contacted the distribution company for the spam... I can't get it
touch with the actual company who the ads are for, as they use a hotmail
mailbox which is full.

If anyone on this list happens to get one of these spams, please don't
get angry with me...

I was wondering if anyone here has had this experience and what they
have done about it.  Please write me via ***PRIVATE MAIL***, since it is
so off topic to the list.

Thank you.

Art