[filmscanners] Re: Digital Darkroom Computer Builders?

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 14:38:53 -0400   (rpkphoto@earthlink.net) wrote:

> I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would use a Windows
> machine for any kind
> of graphics use.

If I was starting from scratch now, I might agree. But back in '87 there
was no way I could afford a Mac. Having learned my way around the guts of
DOS PC's, whenever I have had to sort out problems on Macs (and don't tell
me they don't have 'em) they have driven me round the twist with their
Fisher-Price obduracy.

Finally, Windows has caught up with them in that regard, and XP is quite as
 infuriatingly Teletubby as anything Apple produced. MS gripping customers'
testicles ever tighter is probably just the boost that Apple (and Linux)
need.

I'm told OS-X is more grown-up. If I can ever afford one, I might jump,
unless Lindows (www.lindows.com) come up with the goods.

Basically they are all money pits with contrary attitudes, and I have no
affection for computers of any ilk. They all give you piles and headaches,
and lead to insomnia, lost weekends, marital rows, orphaned children and
debt. So no platform wars here, OK?

Regards

Tony Sleep - http://www.halftone.co.uk