[filmscanners] RE: Digital Darkroom Computer Builders?

>RE DAC quality and can do 3 displays (excellent of Photoshop work).

I do not have the foggiest idea what this means.  Does can do 3 displays
mean that it is a three head card versus a two head card or does it mean
that it can do 3 displays using independent color management for each? I
think the use of three monitors is rare for most; but more importantly if it
is to be really useful for a graphics workstation one would need to be able
to color manage at least two of monitors so that the original image can be
viewed accurately along with the working image although the the third
monitor does not have to be color managed if you are using it for displaying
the tools and palettes.  A three disply head on a single card without
independent color management for the displays may be nice and even
efficient; but it can be accomplish by adding a second card which would then
allow for 4 displays and the possibility of maybe even   with two if them
having color management.

> it can do 'gigacolor' - 10 bits per RGB channel
>at the DAC. Again, phgotoshop supports this. A big improvement
>for working on digital images.

I doubt if Photoshop can really support completely 10 bits per RGB channel
with respect to all its functions.  Photoshop only supports high bit images
with regard to certain functions.  Moreover, any high bit file will need to
be or will be converted to 8 bit per RGB channel if it is to be printed on
most laser or inkjet printers so with respect to WSIG a 10 bit per channel
video card is much benefit when it comes to seeing what is to be printed.
However, I could be missing the point that is being made,