[filmscanners] Re: posting queries

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:59:51 -0700  tgieske (grnskl@earthlink.net) wrote:

> I'd like to use the same color profile in vuescan as the default in
> Nikonscan. There must be some way to do this. And you, Tony Sleep, are
> the
> guy who has the deets.

No there isn't, at least not in VS. Ed hardwires the scanner profiles he
derives, to stop potential competitors nicking them. Consequently (AFAIK)
there's no facility to use a different input profile or, for that matter,
use VS's scanner profile elsewhere.

However you can save a completely raw high-bit file from VS, which will
bypass the inbuilt scanner profile. You'll then just get the data that came
from the scanner, none of the VS controls do a thing. Then you can apply
the NS scanner profile in Photoshop, and treat that reprofiled file as your
input for subsequent operations.

Quite why you'd want to suffer such a tortuous workflow I dunno, birch
twigs are easier :)

Regards

Tony Sleep - http://www.halftone.co.uk