From: "Tadej Bregar" <Tadej.Bregar@guest.arnes.si>
To: <anthony@atkielski.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 21:31
Subject: [filmscanners] How to clean the mirror of LS-2000?

Hi,
I bought a used Nikon LS-2000 and discovered that the unit needs some
cleaning;
the lower mirror near the lens is very dusty and this is dust which does
not come off the mirror with air pump or photo lens brush (probably it's
a vapor of the grease on movable parts that glued the dust particles to
the mirror)

I removed the scanners cover and found out that it's almost impossible
to even come close to the mirror and the lens if I don't totally
disassemble the inner core of the scanner).

So, is it possible to clean the mirror by myself or is this the job
solely of Authorized Nikon service and their specially trained
technician.

Thanks for any info.

Regards,
Tadej Bregar