[filmscanners] No more Kodak CD-R's

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] No more Kodak CD-R's
  • From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:51:33 -0600

For those who have had good results in terms of quality and longevity,
unfortunately, the following was the response from Kodak when I asked about
the discontinuation of their CD-R products (the silver/gold Ultima series
and the Gold audio pro CD's

tim

Subject: Re: CD Media (KMM2657671C0KM)

Greetings Tim,

Eastman Kodak Company has announced the discontinuance of its blank CD
Recordable media product line effective January 1, 2002.  Sales of CD
Recordable media will continue as long as product inventory is
available.  The decision to discontinue the CD Recordable media product
line was a difficult but necessary one and was prompted by poor
financial performance.  The commodity CDR business has not met the
company's financial expectations and the market shows little sign of
improving in the future.

The discontinuation will not have any impact on:

The Kodak PictureCD product family
The Kodak PhotoCD product family
The Kodak Programmable CD-ROM customized applications

Kodak remains committed to the support of these products.

Thank you for contacting Kodak.  If we can be of any further assistance,
please give us a call at 1-800-465-6325 extension 36100.  We can be
reached Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

Priska St-Pierre
KODAK  Information and Technical Support
Kodak Canada Inc.