From: Bob Shomler <bobf1@shomler.com>
To: <opopanax@xs4all.nl>
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 4:27 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] Note to pre-1999 VueSmart purchasers of VueScan

> There's a lively thread on Usenet's comp.periphs.scanners news group,
subject: "Ed Hamrick locked out serial numbers issued before March 3, 1999."
It seems that those who purchased his original VueSmart in 1998 before it
became VueScan (in 1999) can no long obtain free Vuescan upgrades.  They
must reregister -- pay another $40 -- in order to use future updates to
Vuescan.  Previous Vuescan versions (prior to October 2002?) continue to
work with the pre-March 3, 1999 serial numbers.

> So I'd suggest those who are using Vuescan following from their purchase
of VueSmart should retain their current working Vuescan program version(s)
in case a reinstall is needed, or purchase a new license if new Vuescan
function is worth the upgrade.