From: "Arthur Entlich" <artistic-1@shaw.ca>
To: <karlsch@earthlink.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 1:41 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Infrared Film

Once the film is processed, I don't believe the scanner responds any
differently that any other similar film (color, B&W, etc)...

A few things you need to know about working with the film:

1) Load it in complete darkness

2) Infrared light has a focus offset from white light.  Most cameras
have a red line on the lens barrel showing the offset.  Once you focus
in white light, you need to move the lens out of focus by the offset.

3) The film should indicate what filter you need for best results

4) keep the film away from heat, and get it processed ASAP, try not to
leave it sitting in the camera for very long.

Art