[filmscanners] Re: What can you advise?

Hi Andre,

I've not been ignoring you.  I wanted to contact someone off-list who
had a FS4000 to see if he might wish to comment, I left it with him.

I have only reviewed scans from this scanner, not having used it.  I
would expect from the result I saw that the SS4000 was less noisy than
the FS 4000 in shadows.  The manufacturers gave it very similar specs,
but I know the SS4000 was, if anything, underestimated in is numbers.
It is a pretty noiseless scanner, although the SS4000+ was somewhat
improved.

The FS4000 does have a firewire connection, but is still quite slow.
The SS4000 is pretty good even with the SCSI I connection.

I know the SS4000 does good B&W scans, but don't know about the FS4000.

Art