[filmscanners] Re: Minolta Dimage Scan Elite - any users here?

Is it the Elite or the Elite II?

If it is the Elite II, make sure you update the driver and firmware that
Minolta just released last week on their European web site.  The new
version is just out and although it doesn't follow convention (the
version numbers actually go backward, and the new version is called ver
1.0.0) it corrects a lot of the problems with noise, grain and surface
defects.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the improvement is available (yet) for
the Scan II dual but your should check if the original Elite was
upgraded, I'm not sure.

The Nikon's are the most in need of dICE, then followed by the Minoltas.

Art