[filmscanners] RE: Thumbnails looking flat

I beg to differ. Unless they've changed it in the latest versions, IE and
Netscape are non-color-managed applications, which means they don't even
bother translating from sRGB to the monitor's color space--they just give
the data directly to the video display. This means that the actual color
space is whatever the monitor gives you. The point of sRGB is that it's
close to the average monitor. However, my LCD has a significantly smaller
gamut, so sRGB images look noticeably duller in IE than they do in
Photoshop.

The Mac may work differently.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco