[filmscanners] Re: microtek customer service nightmare - UK

On Wed, 04 Sep 2002 00:10:41 +0100   (anthony@ohalloran.co.uk) wrote:

>  Have
> Microtek got an international head office? (I could not find it on their
> website)

I once had to sell Microtek scanner because I couldn't get any sense out of
UK support - a shambolic ostrich organisation which in my case at least did
nothing except repeatedly tell me to do what I had already done ('d/l
latest drivers'). There was never the slightest sign that anyone was paying
any attention, or interested in helping :(

Microtek UK are owned by Computer Associates AFAIK.  But, with a new
scanner you should be dealing with the retailer. Your contract of sale was
with them, and they are responsible for meeting their obligations under the
Sale of Goods Act (merchantable quality, fit for purpose etc.). Dealers
will often try and make you pursue the mfr, but it is the wrong thing to
do. Go back to the dealer and insist on a refund or replacement; do not
accept any offer of repair because it will nullify any
subsequent replacement/refund request. If they don't comply, Trading
Standards will assist.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info