[filmscanners] Re: microtek customer service nightmare - UK

My experience with distributors, especially in countries where the
manufacturer does not have a head office, often leads to disaster.
Often manufacturers scramble to get service and repair providers
so they can sell the product in a certain place, and they do not provide
proper training to the staff of these repair facilities.

I really do empathize with people living in some of smaller countries or
those countries which have lower demand for these types of items, which
do not warrant, in the manufacturer's opinion, to provide repair
services run by the manufacturer.

Canada has been like this for many years, and is slowly getting more
direct manufacturer's repair facilities.

Having said that, in all honesty, my dealings with the repair
organizations (which are manufacturer-run) for camera and optical
equipment in Canada, haven't been stellar either.

Art