[filmscanners] Re: OT: Film processing costs (WAS: Re:Prints fromscans ...are there reallydifferences any more?)

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> Roger writes:
>

>>Ya, I understood later, moreover seeing that
>>he was talking about Paris -probably the most
>>expensive city in the known universe :-))
>>

> Actually, Paris is not that high on the list.  Major American cities, Tokyo,
> and London (as well as possibly Zurich) are more expensive.  This is true
> even with respect to average income, although French incomes are distributed
> in a very non-American way, with highly-paid management making far more than
> regular employees as compared with the same ratios in the U.S. (i.e., the
> lowest people on the French totem pole are paid dirt, and the highest people
> are paid like royals).

Are you sure about this?  In the US a CEO makes 450 times that of the
average worker in the same company (it was 45 times 10 years ago)...

As I understand it, the US has the greatest disparity of any
"democratic" country (I'm not speaking of Saudi Arabia or Kuwait, etc.)
in terms of salaries.

Art