[filmscanners] Re: OT: Film processing costs (WAS: Re: Prints fromscans ...are there reallydifferences any more?)

I believe overall French workers (on average) work the lowest number of
hours per year, due to shorter work days and longer vacations relative
to workers in the industrialized world. If my memory is correct, they
also get paid considerably more per year based upon their actually work
time.  I consider this a GOOD thing, BTW.

There may indeed be less variability in pay scale from the wealthiest to
the poorest, as well, which I also think is a GOOD thing.  The US (which
is supposed to be a "classless" society), has some of the greatest
disparity between workers salaries.

France also has some of the best child oriented social programming in
the industrialized world (another GOOD thing).

For being the wealthiest country, the US is still below many for child
mortality rates, average life span, literacy, the medically uninsured
and other values normally considered important in an enlightened
society.  They do, however, lead the world for percentage of their
population in prison.

It isn't all about cheap film processing. ;-)

Art