[filmscanners] Re: Prints from scans ... are there reallydifferences any more?

> Yes.  This pro lab will develop 120-size film for $9 in two hours,
> seven days a week; the cost for 135 is the same.  The one-hour place
> charges only very slightly less, but it won't accept 120 at all (their
> machines will handle it, but they told me that the training and extra
> maintenance isn't justified by the very tiny 120 volume they'd
> probably do if they accepted it).  Also, the pro lab will do contact
> sheets (for $26, alas!), and the one-hour place will not.  Of course,
> a pro lab can also push or pull, or cross-process, or whatever you
> want, if you pay the price, as you have already observed.

Anthony:

Are the prices you quote the going rates in Paris?

Even the most expensive labs in NYC will develop and contact a
120 C41 roll for far less. In New Jersey (no, it's not comprable to
Paris in any other way either) I pay $2.30 for 120 C41 process
only, and pushes and cross processing incur no extra charges.

I do quite a few stock photo sales in France and notice that prices
aren't that high. How does anybody stay in business?

Brian Yarvin
Stockphotos for agencies around the world from Edison, NJ
http://www.brianyarvin.com