[filmscanners] RE: IV ED dynamic range... DYNAMIC RANGE!

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: IV ED dynamic range... DYNAMIC RANGE!
  • From: "Clark Guy" <guy.clark@sbt.siemens.com>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:58:55 -0500

HI, Austin!

My comment was only that Polaroid should try to stay on the high road and
advertise REAL numbers, not theoretical ones (derived simply from the number
of bits per sample).   To do the latter would be misleading, and should be
pointed out when used by the competition.

I think an ISO standard would be a good thing in this case!

Thanx!!!

Guy