[filmscanners] RE: IV ED dynamic range... DYNAMIC RANGE!

Hi Clark

The ISO has basically opined on a standardized test for specifying the
dynamic range of a scanner.  Hopefully, manufacturers will use it...

BTW, I believe what Constantine is discussing is dMax, not dynamic
range...they aren't (typically) the same.  Either way, it is good to
actually test these things (dMax, dMin and dynamic range/noise in the
system), not simply add more bits to the A/D and claim a higher range etc.
...because the bits may not be "good" (as in real information...could simply
be noise).

Regards,

Austin