[filmscanners] RE: Scanning a foggy image

Thanks.
What I meant is creating artifacts in the brighter areas then these to be
altered.
Apparently the CMS of Nikon works fine, I didn't notice any obvious color
shifts whatsoever
(well I did monitor calibration as well).

However, I'm glad to touched this point as well.
Recently I noticed in the images with bright and shadowed areas (not black,
but just deep shadows), the shadow area is scanned with somewhat bluish
cast, while lighter tones are rendered fine. I know, there might be several
reasons from len's own UV succeptance which tends to produce bluishness in
shadows to film fault.
Film is my regular Sensia II 100 (or new Sensia 100) which I use routinely
without any complaints, so I doubt it has something to do with it.
On the other hand, lens used is Tokina 28-70/2.6-2.8 ATX PRO II which is
fine tool but known for his lack of UV filtration coating so perhaps this is
one to be blamed.
However, I still can suspect the scanner producing such effects. Admittedly,
I didn't check the slide under the loupe yet, will to that ASAP. That would
resolve my confusion.

Regards,
Alex Z