[filmscanners] Re: Nikon Coolscan

Dorothy--

I just got the LS8000, and came across the same issue. You can
buy from rock solid places like  B&H, and pay a bit more, or look
around.  I ended up getting mine from mycamera.com, a colorado
based operation. Take a look at the feedback at www.photo.net to
get a sense as to who is honest. Mycamera.com came up very high
(but they seem to be a smaller operation). I've dealt with B&H a lot,
and have had great experiences there as well. On the phone, the
come across as gruff new yorkers, but you can avoid that if you
order off the web.

Matt

p.s. you probably shouldn't put your address in your email--too easy
for baddys to get it.

> Hi!  I just bought a Nikon Coolscan 4000 off the net.  I was assured
> they were an authorized dealer and it had a US warranty.  The scanner
> arrived without the warranty and missing some things like the full
> version of Genuine Fractals that comes packaged with the scanner.
> There also was no packing list so I don't know what should have been
> there.  I am sending it back but what guarantees do I have that  it
> will not happen again.  I am just assuming that there should have been
> a packing list.  Does anyone who has this scanner remember what is
> supposed to come with it and can you comment on the warranty?  Dorothy
>
> --
> Dorothy Cutter
> 290 Cypress Ave.
> Morro Bay, Ca. 93442
> 805-772-7232
> 805-772-8554 fax
> http://www.dorothycutter.com
> send to: dcutter@earthlink.net

> (as appropriate) in the message title or body

Matt Haber
dance, portrait and fashion photography
http://www.matthaber.com