[filmscanners] RE: Umax Powerlook III

I have used the earlier PowerLook II to scan 4x5 negs and transparencies at
600 dpi and found that to be satisfactory for my purposes, which typically
involved retouching of copy negatives or portfolio prints of commericial 4x5
transparencies from jobs I shot.  I too just got a PowerLook III with
transparency adapter (which I assume you also got with the flatbed)off Ebay;
but I have not used it yet to scan film.  I assume it should do just as well
as its sibbling just at 1200dpi.  I think that I would be inclined to use Ed
Hamrick's Vuescan rather than the Binuscan for film scans as opposed to
print scans.