[filmscanners] RE: A tip please / 35mm slide scanner

I know nothing of that particular scanner. However, if you want to scan
slides and have them look right on the screen, the calibration of the
monitor is just as important as the scanner. Adobe Gamma is okay for that
purpose, but not great. But as long as the white point adjustment in Adobe
Gamma looks reasonably neutral, a violet cast in the pictures probably is
the scanner.

There may be ways to fix this, if the scanner software has the right
options. On the other hand, if you have a huge number of slides, and you're
not unemployed with an infinite amount of time on your hands, you may find
it cheaper to pay someone else to scan them. You might look into Kodak
PictureCD or PhotoCD format, because they're made on automated scanners that
will zip through a stack of slides much faster than you could ever hope to.
And the results are generally pretty good.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco