[filmscanners] A tip please / 35mm slide scanner

Hello all,

Sorry for my approximate English, I do my best. ;-)
A tip please, thank you !

We travel around the planet since 10 years on board our expedition vehicle.
As amateur photograph  I have now a lot of  slides.
Our friends pushes us to build a web site .

Buy a slide scanner  ?
I don't need a scanner that would give me "backups" , I just need a slide
scanner that could give me  "good colors"  together  with low "weight"
scanning .
What do I need for the web ? 50 to 80 K  photos??
 And for a slide show ?? 200 K each ??

We are in San Diego (West coast, USA) for the moment, and I bought a Pacific
35 mm slide scanner ( 290 $ , looks like the Nikon ) ....I was surprised by
the bad result.
My beautiful Ethiopian ladies had a violet (!) complexion :-(
and the scans were impossible to transform under Photoshop,... too blue.
Someone told me to buy an Epson flatbed ( less then 100  $ ), saying it 's
the right material for what I need ( and compatible with our Macintoshes )
I work with a titanium Macintosh G4 and Ibook. ( Firewire/USB )

Can anyone give a tip ?

Thanks !

Richard Desomme.