[filmscanners] Re: Nikon Coolscan 4000 'v' Flextight P2

> David wrote:
>
> > I'm borrowing a Nikon Coolscan 4000 for a few days,
> [snip]
> > So.... I would be very grateful if any of you would give
> > me any advice as to the do's and don'ts with the Coolscan.

For excellent color use VueScan insted of NikonScan. I use a method
described by some helpful person on this list: scan with NikonScan with ICE
switched on but with Nikon Color Management switched off. Then open raw file
in VueScan and use its negative profiles.

Always use the FH-3 strip film. You have to advance film manually but no
problems with focus.

Regards

Tomek Zakrzewski