[filmscanners] NikonScan doesn't see my LS-4000ED

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] NikonScan doesn't see my LS-4000ED
  • From: "Tomek Zakrzewski" <tomzakrz@ka.onet.pl>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:18:52 +0200

I bought my LS-4000ED a month ago. Although I had some problems during the
installation and I didn't fully follow the installation guide, the scanner
was working fne until 2 days ago (after some software crash - using Corel
9.0 I tried to save a bitmap and the computer freezed).
I tried everything: reinstalling firewire software, reinstalling NikonScan,
updating it to 3.1.2. NikonScan still doesn't see my scanner.
The hardware is ok, since everything works fine with Vuecan. But I can't
force NikonScan software to see my scanner, either as a standalone or as
Twain software). What to do?
I use Win98SE. I know that every one's comfiguration is different, but I
hope some general advice could help.

Regards

Tomek Zakrzewski