[filmscanners] RE: Vuescan infrared cleaning

Isidoro writes ...

> I noted, using Vuescan, that scanning with infrared cleaning (Light), the
> corrections that Vuescan makes seems to be too much bright, producing
> artifacts. This is particularly evident in ligth areas.
> Have someone noted this ?

  I haven't yet tried the most recent versions ... but I will ... and this
IR cleaning effect would not be something I want to see.

  I wish Ed monitored this list, but he regularly monitors the
news:comp.periphs.scanners newsgroup.  You might want to post your
observation there, or note Ed's e-mail and send him 3 small JPG examples:
"no IR cleaning", "IR cleaned" & "IR cleaned by an earlier version".  All
could be accomplished with the same raw scan.  You might also try this
latest version and IR clean an earlier raw scan.

cheerios ... shAf  :o)
Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
www.micro-investigations.com (in progress)