[filmscanners] Re: Nikon 8000 banding

On 6/11/02 8:23 AM, "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com> wrote:

> On 120 scans in particular, the bands, if they are present at all, represent
> only a very tiny fraction of the total image; I think you're more likely to
> see grain than banding.

Anthony,

My experience with several 8000's was VERY different to yours.  Lot's of
banding in significant portions of images.

I'm happy that you are not getting this issue but the reality is that MANY
of us did/do and found it unacceptable.  I would not recommend this machine
to anyone after the hassles I had with it...

Lawrence