From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Maris V. Lidaka
Sr.
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2002 9:37 PM
To: laurie@advancenet.net
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: JPG sharpening [was: Color spaces for
different purposes]

True enough, but if the image requires sharpening?  JPG is not a good
format, I know, but it is very useful and in fact necessary for the web.  I
would think it better to convert to JPG and then sharpen rather than sharpen
in TIFF and then convert.  I haven't tested but I think it would result in
fewer artifacts.

Maris

....snip...
or body