[filmscanners] Re: Nikon Coolscan 4000 ED

I scanned some tough images with my Minolta Scan Elite and then passed them
to someone who scanned these same images with his LS2000. He was surprised
to find out that my scanner was better than his on some images. Now I did
send mine in for servicing because I couldn't get it to work with ICE off.
Turned it was my (damned) HP5100C which did something to some software
component. My beef was that I and one tech rep agreed it was software but
other tech reps ignored it and told me to send it in. They soldered
something. I saw no difference.

These messages are the first I've seen about Scan Elite II problems.

Don