[filmscanners] Re: Polaroid - scanner line ends and SS120 glasscarrier availabile soon

Art

This was Polaroid UK who I spoke to and they had been advised by Polaroid
Corp not to expect any more Sprintscan scanners after the current production
had been sold.  I was referring to the SS120 although they said 'Sprintscan'
and not 'SS120' when they talked about discontinuation.  They did say the
scanner line would continue to be supported, for hardware repairs and
firmware upgrades, but they did not say if Polaroid would be making repairs
or Microtek or another third party.

I believe that they were trying to be open with me as they know it is a big
investment and that a buyer wants to be assured of some longevity in their
purchase.

As for bringing out a glass carrier, I suspect it has been around for a
while albeit only just released, and I wouldn't base my expectation of the
future of the scanners line on the availability of a new holder.  Then
again, I wish I could as the SS120 is superb and deserves to continue.

Simon