[filmscanners] SCSI Cable problem

A small triumph for the human race.

I've just solved a noisy scan problem by changing the SCSI cable.
The effect was 'woven' patterns in the darker areas of scanned
transparencies.
How do I know it was the cable. Well, can't be 100 percent sure, but -
The same scanner with USB connection - no noise, with SCSI cable - noise.
Using a completely different computer & scanner & software with the SCSI
cable - noise.
Went to PC World (ugh) and bought an expensive Belkin thing and now I've
got clean scans.
I think I'll strip down the old SCSI cable to see what's amiss within.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

Dave.

P.S. Does anyone use a Minolta Scan Multi Pro or should they be avoided?