[filmscanners] Re: Scan Elite & XP?

Wow - thanks everyone for the great advice.  Kevin, your post was
wonderful news to wake up to!  And thanks for the advice about making
sure the SCSI card is supported.  At least SCSI cards are cheap in
comparison to scanners.

Also, thanks to Rob for suggesting a dual boot system.  Seems like even
if Kevin has had good luck getting his scanner to run under XP, it might
be good "insurance" to have 98 as a backup option - regardless of
whether I go with W2K or WXP.

Minolta DOES have W2K drivers available for the scanner.  As far as
Minolta saying that the scanner isn't supported in XP...  when I talked
to the support guy on the phone, he made it very clear that there was
"no solution for running the Scan Elite on XP."  They have not developed
an XP driver at all (there is not one waiting for MS certification - it
just doesn't exist) and they have no plans to develop one.  The bottom
line is that if I want to run the scanner on XP and I run into trouble,
I won't get any help from Minolta in figuring out what the problem is
because that configuration is "not supported" by Minolta.

Thanks again everyone.  I really appreciate the help!

Jeanie