[filmscanners] Re: Archiving to CD - is there a file sizelimit ?

I use Creator 4.0. on a Plextor 8X drive without buffer underrun
protection.  I had a rate of failures with version 3.5 and 4.0 both with
this drive of about 25% until I changed to brand name disks.  Since then
I have had a ZERO failure rate.

I always shut down all programs in my task bar prior to cutting a CD and
I do not move the mouse or use the computer in any other manner during
recording.  I make a CD image prior to final recording, and I make sure
anything that has a times shut down, like screen protectors, drive spin
down, and sleep modes, is shut off.

I will agree, however, that once Creator 4.0 gets any type of error, you
have to reboot the computer to get it functional again.  This seems to
happen if I use any of the utilities that come with the program, like
spin doctor, sound editor, etc, and then go back to CD Creator afterward.

Art