From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Laurie Solomon
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 10:28 PM
To: alexz@zoran.co.il
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Scanner profile

>The same for Photoshop. I'll work in it acquiring the scans by calling
> NikonScan as TWAIN.
> The Photoshop is normally configured for Adobe RGB working
> space, how to
> tell him to treat the image using custom scanner's profile ?
> (Or I only have
> to tell NikonScan that, and the Photoshop will pick the
> processed image
> already ?)
First, it depends on which color management engine you are using - the os's
engine or Photoshop's engine.  Second if you use the Photoshop engine, you
can select the scanner's custom profile as the Photoshop workingspace which
will cause Photoshop to operate on the same working space as the scanner's
profile defines.  This should result in the scanner output and the photoshop
version being the same unless you fiddle with some other contols related to
the scanner output in the scanner's driver or application.