[filmscanners] Re: Eyedroppers in Curves in Nikon Scan

>   ... which only leaves to question ... "if it adjusts gray balance only,
>how do you set the target values?  ... that is, how is a target of
>128/128/128 different from 77/77/77???"  But, I do suppose it allows you to
>set a target gray value which is NOT neutral (... for whatever reason ...)

I tried it with the target set to 128,128,128 and it changed a gray card
with pixel values of 106,118,106 to 110,110,110.

I tried it with the target set to 20,20,20 and it changed the gray card to
110,110,110, exactly the same.

This is as you noted.  It seems strange to be able to specify a "GRAY"
target value but have it not make any difference.

Then I tried changing the target value to 255,0,0, and sure enough just as
you said, the gray card went to 255,0,0.

So, with the gray target value for the gray eyedropper, you can't specify
the gray value, but you can specify a color cast.

Now that is strange nomenclature.

Jerry